Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Lunch for a Cause

lunch: chili hot dog, chili cheese nachos and a dill pickle
What kind of lunch is this you might be asking yourself. Well to help out the cause I'll buy just about anything. I hadn't had my lunch yet so I figured what the heck. My family and I love nachos, we will settle for just cheese, but it's better with chili too. My hot dogs I usually eat with mustard, chili and cheese. As for the pickle, we all like pickles too. This one was dill, but that will do in a pinch if there are no sour ones around. A former coworker used to get pickles from a neighbor of his and they were great-salty just the way I like them. In the old days we used to buy a Chinese candy and stick it all the way down the pickle. Some people would put chamoy on there, but not me, now I just use Lucas aka Sal-Lim on them.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm MMM Mmm. Sour pickles with Lucas! Got my glands waterin'!

    No Lucas or chinese candy (great with beer!) for me anymore :(

    I've certainly had better nachos in SA, though... velveeta is a bad sign, if you ask me. Oh, well, if it's for a good cause, I guess one must deal.

    But give me a chalupa with refritos, queso fresco, cabbage and fresh salsa or pico, and I'd be happy to contribute more to the same good cause!

    ReplyDelete