Sunday, October 07, 2007

Blessed Mother

2007_10-07 (25)
I'm not religious but I like the iconography. I like the statues and the crosses especially. We were at a church/school festival on this day. It was hot as Hades and I was looking for a break from the heat and sun. This spot was removed from all the noise and at least some of the heat. I walked over and took a few shots, color and black and white. I chose this shot because I liked how she looked against the sky.

I'm afraid I might have scared away a young couple who were sitting on a bench by this statue, getting a little friendly shall we say. :D

2 comments:

  1. Nice shot. It's probably stunning in color, but more sublime in black-and-white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alba - A color view is here. It was really sunny that day so I thought the color got kind of washed out.

    ReplyDelete