Monday, January 07, 2008

This Way to the Bloodletting!

blood drive arrow
Today there was a blood drive at the Central Library. The City of San Antonio holds a few blood drives throughout the year, I think usually in the summer and the winter. This year there have been many blood drives throughout San Antonio. Maybe I haven't paid attention in the past but it seems as if there are blood drives almost every day now, and I know they are needed. The statistics for how much blood is needed any given day are staggering. I don't like giving blood because it scares me, but much like donating my hair its something I do because I can. The last couple of times I haven't been able to because my iron is too low, but I always at least try. I'm also registered as a marrow donor since I know minorities of which I am one are sorely needed on that list.

No comments:

Post a Comment