Thursday, December 07, 2006

Northstar Mall

picture 164

Lots of shopping going on around town. I'm almost done with mine but had to run to Northstar for a gift pick up. This is my favorite mall though there are several big malls in town, and now there are even shopping destinations like La Cantera and the Forum.

Northstar is located centrally so it's easy for most people to get to which means lots of congestion around this time of year. I don't even bother driving in that area Friday, Saturday and Sunday. CRAZINESS over there.

If you want a closer look at the famous boots, check out this shot. The boots recently got a cleaning, translation: a new paint job. It even made the news two nights in a row, that's how interested people are in those boots. Kind of funny. You will also notice there is a banner hung up with the boots. This refers to Tony Parker, of Spurs fame, and his gal Eva Longoria, yes, of Desperate Housewives fame. They just got engaged a couple of weeks ago. People are crazy for news of them. For the record, MY favorite player is Tim Duncan but I did want to post what's going on with other San Antonians.

picture 165

14 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention they're the biggest cowboy boots in the country? world? Something like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is indeed BIGGER in Texas!
    Great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite player is Tony Parker (aka Tony Parquois) and I have no comment about him and Eva. >:)

    I can't believe you braved North Star at this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog!
    I've lived here for six years now and it's sad I really only know the NW side well. Your pics are great! Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Angela, Chris & Deb - things are bigger here but I'm not sure why. It's funny.

    Sarah - we'll see if they make it to wedding day.

    M. - come on down and visit! Downtown is actually pretty cool and quite manageable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would just as well avoid the traffic too! the boots are huge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow!

    Gulliver's Travel, he visited Lilliput and left his boots there?

    ReplyDelete
  8. wll...One day I will go to look the biggest boots of the wourd. hahahahaah

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I see first time your site guys. I like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete