Saturday, September 29, 2007

And the Rocket...Lay There

rocket on it's side
I've seen this rocket a number of times on S.Flores. I don't know what the story is, but I've been trying to get a shot of it for a while now, this time I was able to get one that wasn't too blurry. It says Apollo something on the side, but that's all I can make out. It's right before the Stinson airfield and before Military Dr. If anyone knows anything about this, please drop me a line, cause I'm nosy and I want to know what the deal is.

3 comments:

  1. We dont know what is reason for rocket to be in that "parking lot-look-a like place" but for sure it is beter place for the rocket then the "pocket".

    Cheers :)

    btw your photos look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very intrigued by this. I must go see it.

    I thought at one time there was a bar over off of Gen McMullen called the Space Shuttle Lounge or something similar to that. Maybe this is part of a marketing strategy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. teamsplash - That's for sure, that would have to be one huge pocket for sure.

    dave - if you find out the story behind this let me know. I'm curious too.

    ReplyDelete