Friday, September 21, 2007

THE Haircut

cutting off the braid
Today was a day that will go down in infamy—at least for me. I think I was more traumatized than this little boy was. His hair has never really been cut and he had long curly hair. People were always mistaking him for a girl although he was never dressed as one. This year was his first year in preschool and he started saying he wanted to get his hair cut so he could look like a boy, so off he went to get his hair cut. Pictures were taken of the before and after. A lady at the barbershop thought he was some celebrity because of the pictures. Another lady asked if his hair was so long because of a promeso (the answer was no). The man cutting the hair seemed more affected by what he was doing than the boy was—he even asked if he could take before and after photos with his cellphone camera. In the end it all went well...the boy did good and was unafraid, and is very happy with his haircut. He was even heard telling someone not to mess up his beautiful hair. :D

7 comments:

  1. Haha interesting story! He now looks pretty neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. None of these photos at Flicker are showing up for me. :(

    It's been like that for about a week at least.

    It looks like you lost 'a guy' with a camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like him better with short hair....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog! I moved from San Antonio to Austin three years ago and have been missing my home town ever since. Keep posting those photos! :)

    --Tony

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fay - I wish I could have been there, but Gods knows where I was. I made sure a camera was available to take the photos. It was a shock for me when I first saw him without all his hair, he looked so different, but now it's just him again. He's already had his second haircut, he couldn't wait for that one either.

    Zieg - Not sure what's going on with flickr. I tested it both signed in and not signed in and they worked for me. I know at times I got a photo not available but I will continue to check on it. As for losing the guy, he might still post a pic or two. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marie - A lot of people have voted for his short hair. I reckon I was just used to his long hair. The day of the haircut was not a good hair day for him, but he hated to have his hair combed out, saying it hurt. I always tried to put it in a braid or a pony to keep it neat but he liked to keep it flowing free.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tony - Thanks for visiting this little blog that could. I don't post as often as I should but I do try, and will continue to post.

    ReplyDelete