Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Supeman

2007_09-30 106
Holy Crappers! I'll just start off my post with that. I rode this monster today at Six Flags Fiesta Texas thanks to the good people of Toyota. It was a wild ride, but not as bad and scary as I thought it would be. My sister wanted to ride it and no one else would ride it with her, so I said I'd do it. Now mind you before this the only other ride I had been on was a merry go round. I went on this ride right after the one that starts off in the castle and gets you all wet, at least m denim skirt was soaked though. I tried to tuck under as much of my skirt as I could so that it wouldn't fly up into my face and show my chones to the world. I totally felt like the following scene from Armageddon:

Oscar: I'm great, I got that "excited/scared" feeling. Like 98% excited, 2% scared. Or maybe it's more. It could be, it could be 98% scared, 2% excited but that's what makes it so intense, it's so - confused. I can't really figure it out.
[to NASA tech strapping him in]
Oscar: Can you make mine really tight, cos I don't wanna fall out. I mean, almost to the point of cutting off circulation.
I made sure that cage like thing that comes over your body was really locked down. I even asked my sister who was sitting down next to me to test it. I kept thinking of all those shows, especially CSI, where something goes terribly wrong with the rides and the riders go plummeting to their deaths. My arms were totally swore after that day and I think it was because I never relaxed my grip. I don't know how those people ride with their arms over their heads. The back of my knees never left contact with the seat either, especially when it came to those loops where we were upside down.

I was also afraid that my shoes were going to slip off my feet because they were loose after they got all soaked in that first ride. I had already divested myself of my glasses, purse, headband, etc because I didn't want anything else flying off. I told my sister maybe that's why I wasn't as freaked as I could have been because without my glasses I'm pretty blind. My sister said she had to close her eyes at some points and I did hear a couple of people screaming.

I think I could ride it again, but I think I could start feeling about it the way I do about giving blood, I could do it, but I'd freak out every time before I do. So that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment